Passports must valid 6 months from the time of travel (date of departure from Papua New Guinea back to country of origin).
General VISA Information
All people wishing to travel to Papua New Guinea for work, business, study or tourism purposes must have an entry permit/Visa to enter the country.
How to apply for PNG VISA?
All applicants must:
- Complete and sign the correct application form
- Attach one passport size photograph (for APEC Business Applications and Permanent Resident Application please provide two photos)
- Pay the required fee
- Provide any other documentary information as requested (refer to the appropriate entry category)
- Send or deliver your application to the nearest Papua New Guinea diplomatic mission together with your valid passport.
If there is no PNG diplomatic mission in your country of residence, contact the Papua New Guinea Immigration and Citizenship Division in Papua New Guinea or the nearest Papua New Guinea diplomatic mission in your region.
Where to Apply
Your application form, passport and supporting documents should be lodged at Papua New Guinea Immigration and Citizenship Section in Port Moresby or any Papua New Guinea Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.
When to Apply
Applications must be lodged at Papua New Guinea Immigration and Citizenship Section prior to the expiry date of the current Entry Permit.
All Tourist Visas must be lodged to the Papua New Guinea Immigration and Citizenship Division at least 2 months prior to departure date.
Visa fees on arrival at the designated Papua New Guinea International Ports of Entry for tourists were removed in 2013 therefore visa on arrival is now $0.
If applying outside PNG, please contact the nearest PNG Diplomatic mission to obtain fees in local currency.
In the event that your application is unsuccessful, the fee is not refundable.
All countries not allowed to obtain Visas on arrival:
- All Eastern European countries
- All South East Asian countries (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc)
Except for Philippines, and Malaysia
- All African countries
- All Middle East countries
Countries allowed to obtain Visas on Arrival
- All Pacific countries
- All Western European countries
- All Americans
- New Zealand